Back in May, we announced our exclusive U.S. cinema partnership with the popular mobile app, Shazam, and if you’ve been to the movie theater lately, you might have noticed the familiar logo during our FirstLook pre-show. Our first Shazamable campaign is LIVE and features The Giver, a new movie from The Weinstein Company based on the Walden Media best-selling novel by Lois Lowry, starring Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep and Brenton Thwaites, in theaters August 15, 2014.
The extensive series of on-screen spots will provide moviegoers with a variety of interactions throughout the entire campaign period. The Shazamable FirstLook interactions include:
- Playing The Giver trivia and games
- Interacting with The Giver social media channels
- Checking out The Giver movie content and behind-the-scenes footage
- Purchasing advance tickets to the film
- Purchasing advance tickets for THE GIVER: World Premiere Red Carpet Event on 8/11
- Enter The Giver contests and win prizes including a chance to attend the red carpet premiere
- Purchasing The Giver book on Amazon
The Giver Selfies Contest was launched in early July to give fans an opportunity to attend the premiere in New York as well as encourage audiences to read the book before attending the film. Presented in conjunction with the American Library Association and Photobucket, fans can enter the contest by simply uploading a selfie while reading the book The Giver to any social media website with the hashtag #TheGiver. The last day to enter is Friday, August 1.
Make sure to download Shazam before you head to the theater, but don’t forget to turn off your phone when FirstLook ends!
Read more about The Giver campaign in AdWeek.