Let’s talk about the top stories in Hollywood this week.
We have a title! Yesterday, Ron Howard revealed that the official title of the upcoming Han Solo film is Solo: A Star Wars Story, landing in theaters on May 25, 2018.
Marvel Studios debuted both a new Black Panther trailer and poster on Monday. Travel to Wakanda on February 16, 2018. (Coming Soon)
Disney just released two new videos in anticipation of Coco, in theaters November 22. The first is a clip from the film, in which Miguel’s Abuelita interferes with his dreams of being a musician. The second video is a fun behind-the-scenes featurette of the Pixar crew enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes of Mexican culture to prepare for production. (Slash Film)
Even though Tim Burton and Michael Keaton have not been confirmed for Beetlejuice 2, the long-awaited sequel is moving forward – Mike Vukadinovich, who wrote the screenplay for Rememory starring Peter Dinklage, has been tasked with rewriting the existing script. (Deadline)
IGN released an exclusive clip on Twitter from the new movie Jigsaw, the eighth film in the Saw franchise. (IGN)
Cher will join an iconic cast including Meryl Streep, Julia Walters, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and more in the ABBA movie musical sequel, Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! (Deadline)
Marvel and Fox revealed the first trailer for New Mutants, the 11th installment in the X-Men movie franchise. (Marvel, Fox)
With a production budget of $5 million, Happy Death Day bested blockbuster Blade Runner 2049 in last weekend’s box office with a first-place opening of $26.5 million. (Moviefone)
In 100 Things Batman Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, a new book by Joseph McCabe, Christian Bale revealed more about Heath Ledger’s commitment to the role of Joker in 2008’s The Dark Knight, including the fact that Ledger invited actual blows from his co-star to keep it realistic. “He was slamming himself around,” said Bale, “and there were tiled walls inside of that set which were cracked and dented from him hurling himself into them.” (Hollywood Reporter)
The always-animated Angelina Jolie is really diving in to the genre – In addition to producing Disney’s upcoming film, The One and Only Ivan, along with Allison Shearmur, the star will also voice the character of Stella, a baby elephant, in the movie adaptation of Katherine Applegate’s award-winning book. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Tyler Perry’s Boo 2! A Medea Halloween: Madea, Bam, and Hattie venture to a haunted campground and the group must run for their lives when monsters, goblins, and the boogeyman are unleashed.
- Only the Brave: Based on the true story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, a group of elite firefighters risk everything to protect a town from a historic wildfire.
- Geostorm: When the network of satellites designed to control the global climate start to attack Earth, it’s a race against the clock to uncover the real threat before a worldwide geostorm wipes out everything and everyone.
- The Snowman: Detective Harry Hole investigates the disappearance of a woman whose pink scarf is found wrapped around an ominous-looking snowman.
- Same Kind of Different as Me: International art dealer Ron Hall must befriend a dangerous homeless man in order to save his struggling marriage to his wife, a woman whose dreams will lead all three of them on the journey of their lives.