Let’s talk about the top stories in Hollywood this week.
The Shape of Water took home the Oscars’ highest honor of Best Picture, as well as three additional awards for Best Director (Guillermo Del Toro), Best Score and Best Production Design. Click here to see all the highlights from Hollywood’s biggest night. (Los Angeles Times)
Marvel Studios has moved the release date for Avengers: Infinity War from May 4 to April 27. According to Hollywood Reporter, “the move means that the comic blockbuster…will open day-and-date around the globe, reducing the possibility of spoilers marring the experience for North American audiences.” (Hollywood Reporter)
In response to Marvel Studios’ move, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Rampage moved up a week as well to April 13. This gives Johnson’s film a full two weeks before the release of the next Avengers film. (Variety)
Total Film released a new photo from Avengers: Infinity War in which Captain America, Black Panther, Okoye, Black Widow and Bucky stand ready to fight in what appears to be Wakanda. These heroes were also seen together in the first trailer for Infinity War. (ComicBook)
Several new posters have been released for Ready Player One, all of which parody a classic film from Back to the Future, to The Matrix, Rambo and The Lost Boys. The posters are being revealed as part of the Ready Player One Experience making stops at major cities and the upcoming SXSW Festival. (ComingSoon)
Tribeca Film Festival released their 2018 slate. Of the 96 titles, 75 are world premieres and 46% are directed by women. The Fourth Estate, directed by Liz Garbus, has been selected as the closing night film. (Variety)
Tiffany Haddish will star in Tyler Perry’s The List alongside Tika Sumpter and Omari Hardwick. “The pic’s logline,” according to Deadline: “When her wild sister (Haddish) gets released from prison and re-enters her life, Danica (Sumpter) is forced to accept that she may be getting “catfished” by an online boyfriend whom she has never met in person.” Tyler Perry’s next film is slated for the November 2 release. (Deadline)
Warner Bros. is moving forward with filming Suicide Squad 2 in the UK this October. The sequel starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie will be shot in the same studio as Wonder Woman 2 which is slated for a 2019 release. (ScreenRant)
Elizabeth Banks will star in an untitled horror film produced by Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn. Plot details are unknown at this time, but production is expected to start this spring. (Variety)
Click below to watch the latest trailers.
- Tully (Release Date: April 20)
- Book Club (May 18)
- Christopher Robin (August 3)
- Mary Poppins Returns (December 25)
- A Wrinkle In Time: After the disappearance of her scientist father, three peculiar beings send Meg, her brother, and her friend to space in order to find him.
- The Strangers: Prey at Night: A family staying in a secluded mobile home park for the night are visited by three masked psychopaths, to test their every limit.
- Gringo: GRINGO, a dark comedy mixed with white-knuckle action and dramatic intrigue, explores the battle of survival for businessman Harold Soyinka (David Oyelowo) when he finds himself crossing the line from law-abiding citizen to wanted criminal.
- Thoroughbreds: Two upper-class teenage girls in suburban Connecticut rekindle their unlikely friendship after years of growing apart. Together, they hatch a plan to solve both of their problems-no matter what the cost.